ARCHIVES: Lasciate ogne speranza…
- Follow FideCogitActio : "Omnis per gratiam" fidescogitactio @ gmail . com on WordPress.com
This just out…
Top Posts & Pages
- Trying to understand the Fourth Way to prove God's existence...
- An "Eastern Papist" Florilegium
- Words spoken with affection and the best of intentions...
- "Just give 'em what they want already..." #NovusOrdo #liturgy
- Sex is love, but sterile sex is not sex.
- Good resources for "River Forest" Thomism…
- "You may not be interested in the dialectic..."
PAST CODGITATIONS… lost in space but not time
Tag, you’re it!
- Catholic Church
- Catholic Ents
- Catholicism WOW!
- Catholic Social Teaching
- do a barrel roll
- grace and truth
- Haurietis aquas
- hermeneutic of ambiguity
- honey badger pope
- hope and change
- Invisible Catholic
- news of the weird
- not-so-solemn nonsense
- Our Francis of the Interviews
- papal midrash
- Pius XII
- Pope Francis
- Sacred Heart
- Second Vatican Conch Shell
- soft ultramontanism
- solemn nonsense
- The Catholic Thing
- The Francis Affect
- the Friends of Francis Effect
- The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
- the Incarnation
- the Mass
- the medium is the message
- the normalcy bias
- The Sacred Heart
- This is Denzinger
- This isn't Denzinger
- This is why we can't have nice things
- Thomas Aquinas
- truth is the best ecumenism
- ¡Hagan lío!
Halt! Who goes there?
Who are these people?
- 232,982 hits
Tag Archives: Philosophy
I just saw a clip of Naseem “Prince” Hased in the ring, and it reminded me that I don’t mind trash talk and grandstanding, as long as you can back it up when it counts. And Hased certainly could back … Continue reading
Some, who think themselves naturally gifted, do not wish to touch either philosophy or logic; nay more, they do not wish to learn natural science. They demand bare faith alone, as if they wished, without bestowing any care on the … Continue reading
Es gibt in dieser Welt kein vollkommen ordentliches Leben. Je ordentlich man seine Umwelt reguliert sowieso kontrolliert, desto unlebendig und eben unmenschlich wird sein Existenz. Sei es der Fall, dass wirklich “alles in Ordnung” ist, denn lebt man eher wie ein Betreuer für die Regelmäßigkeit … Continue reading
“God has given the world a holy Church in whose safe harbor the lovers of truth seek refuge, as well as all those who desire to be saved and to escape the dreadful wrath of God.” –– St. Theophilus of … Continue reading
As I just explained, my first protected post was just an experiment. But since the curiosity is probably doing you in, the following is what I posted in that first protected post. ————————– “A new favorite logical conundrum…” Or perhaps … Continue reading
[The following is the review I left at Amazon.com after finishing David Eagleman‘s Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain.] Eagleman is a charming writer, but in this book I think he’s bitten off more than he can chew–or rather, … Continue reading