ARCHIVES: Lasciate ogne speranza…
- Follow FideCogitActio : "Omnis per gratiam" fidescogitactio @ gmail . com on WordPress.com
This just out…
Top Posts & Pages
- A fittingly cruciform reign...
- The peaceful majority is irrelevant...
- Trying to understand the Fourth Way to prove God's existence...
- "I was cured, all right..."
- Favorite Quotations & Resources (online)
- "You may not be interested in the dialectic..."
- A new Doctor of the Church, you say? Innnnteresting...
PAST CODGITATIONS… lost in space but not time
Tag, you’re it!
- Catholic Church
- Catholic Ents
- Catholicism WOW!
- Catholic Social Teaching
- do a barrel roll
- grace and truth
- Haurietis aquas
- hermeneutic of ambiguity
- honey badger pope
- hope and change
- Invisible Catholic
- news of the weird
- not-so-solemn nonsense
- Our Francis of the Interviews
- papal midrash
- Pius XII
- Pope Francis
- Sacred Heart
- Second Vatican Conch Shell
- soft ultramontanism
- solemn nonsense
- The Catholic Thing
- The Francis Affect
- the Friends of Francis Effect
- The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
- the Incarnation
- the Mass
- the medium is the message
- the normalcy bias
- The Sacred Heart
- This is Denzinger
- This isn't Denzinger
- This is why we can't have nice things
- Thomas Aquinas
- truth is the best ecumenism
- ¡Hagan lío!
Halt! Who goes there?
Who are these people?
- 240,772 hits
Tag Archives: devotion
Today was a magnificent day for the Codgitator. Without going into too much detail, after our little family assisted at the New Mass in honor of the Sacred Heart, offered by one of my favorite priests, who will, sadly, be … Continue reading
– Remember to make it to Church on Friday for the Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. Let us continue meditating on Haurietis aquas (15 May 1956): 63. The adorable Heart of Jesus Christ began to beat with … Continue reading
We continue in Haurietis aquas (15 May 1956): 35. The mystery of the divine redemption is primarily and by its very nature a mystery of love, that is, of the perfect love of Christ for His heavenly Father to Whom … Continue reading
– I did not post day 5 yesterday not only because I was busy with things “offline” (horribile dictu!), but also because I realized my posting schedule was as confused as it probably was confusing. Fear not, I have been … Continue reading
8. The Church has always valued, and still does, the devotion to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus so highly that she provides for the spread of it among Christian peoples everywhere and by every means. At the same time … Continue reading
6. Holy Writ declares that between divine charity, which must burn in the souls of Christians, and the Holy Spirit, Who is certainly Love Itself, there exists the closest bond, which clearly shows all of us, venerable brethren, the intimate … Continue reading
2. It is altogether impossible to enumerate the heavenly gifts which devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus has poured out on the souls of the faithful, purifying them, offering them heavenly strength, rousing them to the attainment of all … Continue reading