ARCHIVES: Lasciate ogne speranza…
- Follow FideCogitActio : "Omnis per gratiam" fidescogitactio @ gmail . com on WordPress.com
This just out…
Top Posts & Pages
- An "Eastern Papist" Florilegium
- Before I remember to forget again...
- Reading notes from Lawrence Wright's 2006 The Looming Tower...
- From the Res Ipsa Loquitur Files...
- The F1 F/X Files (my ongoing "discernment" of Pope Francis)
- The F1 F/X redux...
- The battle within… (part 1)
- Favorite Quotations & Resources (online)
PAST CODGITATIONS… lost in space but not time
Tag, you’re it!
- Catholic Church
- Catholic Ents
- Catholicism WOW!
- Catholic Social Teaching
- do a barrel roll
- grace and truth
- Haurietis aquas
- hermeneutic of ambiguity
- honey badger pope
- hope and change
- Invisible Catholic
- news of the weird
- not-so-solemn nonsense
- Our Francis of the Interviews
- papal midrash
- Pius XII
- Pope Francis
- Sacred Heart
- Second Vatican Conch Shell
- soft ultramontanism
- solemn nonsense
- The Catholic Thing
- The Francis Affect
- the Friends of Francis Effect
- The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
- the Incarnation
- the Mass
- the medium is the message
- the normalcy bias
- The Sacred Heart
- This is Denzinger
- This isn't Denzinger
- This is why we can't have nice things
- Thomas Aquinas
- truth is the best ecumenism
- ¡Hagan lío!
Halt! Who goes there?
Who are these people?
- 242,292 hits
Tag Archives: The Francis Affect
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
Only minutes after seeing this opinion piece, I stumbled upon the following quotation. In light of an earlier reflection I wrote about Pius X and Francis, the rhetorical contrast of those “plebeian popes” afforded me yet another chuckle. 13. But … Continue reading
Shake Up the Church, Just Don’t Step Out of Line Historian Roberto de Mattei has been fired from his broadcast at Radio Maria for being critical of aspects of this pontificate. This follows on the heels of Radio Maria firing … Continue reading
“God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong (sin boldly), but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, … Continue reading
…since it was published by the National Catholic Reporter. Call me old-fashioned, but I’m no fan of the genetic fallacy. Cardinal Schönborn: Pope Francis has already changed church by Christa Pongratz-Lippitt | Feb. 7, 2014 … Francis spoke of his … Continue reading
One can tolerate only so much comic relief. Not that most people need to have this clarified, but in the interest of transparency, let me make clear that the following is the kind of comment–especially when it caps off a … Continue reading