ARCHIVES: Lasciate ogne speranza…
- Follow FideCogitActio : "Omnis per gratiam" fidescogitactio @ gmail . com on WordPress.com
This just out…
Top Posts & Pages
- The Emmaus Pope...
- Novena of the Holy Face of Jesus - Day 1
- Favorite Quotations & Resources (online)
- What do you mean by "FrankenMass"?
- An "Eastern Papist" Florilegium
- "You may not be interested in the dialectic..."
- Wash up, time to eat! My latest at OnePeterFive.com - @OnePeterFive
- Patron Saints & Other Guides
PAST CODGITATIONS… lost in space but not time
Tag, you’re it!#YOPO Advent Americanism Aristotle atheism bloggorhea blogorrhea Catholic Church Catholic Ents Catholicism WOW! Catholic Social Teaching Christ Christianity Christmas culchure demographics devotion do a barrel roll economics exile God grace and truth Haurietis aquas hermeneutic of ambiguity history honey badger pope hope and change humor Invisible Catholic Jesus Keefe Kulturkrampf Lent liturgy logic marriage memoirs movies Neo-Jesuits Neo-Theodrome news of the weird not-so-solemn nonsense novena Our Francis of the Interviews papal midrash Philosophy Pius XII Pope Francis prayer quotations Sacred Heart Second Vatican Conch Shell Septuagesima soft ultramontanism solemn nonsense SSM The Catholic Thing The Francis Affect the Friends of Francis Effect The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass the Incarnation the Mass the medium is the message the normalcy bias theology The Sacred Heart This is Denzinger This isn't Denzinger This is why we can't have nice things Thomas Aquinas Tradition truthiness truth is the best ecumenism words ¡Hagan lío!
Halt! Who goes there?
Who are these people?
- 229,560 hits
Tag Archives: The Catholic Thing
I had posted some of the following earlier in a different venue, but upon reviewing it, and adding some other quotations, I felt my mind literally reeling at how far (down) the Catholic discourse has come in only one and … Continue reading
The following are excerpts from USC’s 26 May 2014 post about how “Ecumenism is the Church’s Bad Dream“ With the pope’s much publicized trip to the Holy Land coming to an end, I thought it appropriate to look at the … Continue reading
I don’t know what it means to concelebrate a Mass in public with a confirmed dissident priest, nor why raising alarm at such a spectacle merits being keelhauled by fishers, but I believe the following words of papal counsel are … Continue reading
1. Among the many celebrated geniuses of whom the Catholic faith can boast who have left undying fruits in literature and art especially, besides other fields of learning, and to whom civilization and religion are ever in debt, highest stands … Continue reading
We interrupt this broadcast to bring you a couple things that not only did not make me cringe, but also made me proud to call Francis “My Pope”. Either the exertion of enunciating such conventional Catholic wisdom gave him a … Continue reading
I know that I’m not supposed to be commenting on this papacy, but I figure as long as it’s not polemical, keeping abreast of a few current events is not so bad. After all, how could a good Catholic really ever … Continue reading