ARCHIVES: Lasciate ogne speranza…
- Follow FideCogitActio : "Omnis per gratiam" fidescogitactio @ gmail . com on WordPress.com
This just out…
Top Posts & Pages
- A fittingly cruciform reign...
- The peaceful majority is irrelevant...
- Trying to understand the Fourth Way to prove God's existence...
- "I was cured, all right..."
- Favorite Quotations & Resources (online)
- "You may not be interested in the dialectic..."
- A new Doctor of the Church, you say? Innnnteresting...
PAST CODGITATIONS… lost in space but not time
Tag, you’re it!
- Catholic Church
- Catholic Ents
- Catholicism WOW!
- Catholic Social Teaching
- do a barrel roll
- grace and truth
- Haurietis aquas
- hermeneutic of ambiguity
- honey badger pope
- hope and change
- Invisible Catholic
- news of the weird
- not-so-solemn nonsense
- Our Francis of the Interviews
- papal midrash
- Pius XII
- Pope Francis
- Sacred Heart
- Second Vatican Conch Shell
- soft ultramontanism
- solemn nonsense
- The Catholic Thing
- The Francis Affect
- the Friends of Francis Effect
- The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
- the Incarnation
- the Mass
- the medium is the message
- the normalcy bias
- The Sacred Heart
- This is Denzinger
- This isn't Denzinger
- This is why we can't have nice things
- Thomas Aquinas
- truth is the best ecumenism
- ¡Hagan lío!
Halt! Who goes there?
Who are these people?
- 240,773 hits
Tag Archives: marriage
In high school and college, I would have accepted the slur (or praise, as it was then) of being a devotee of liberation theology. I read fairly extensively in the field, and “lived out” what was taken to be its … Continue reading
…since it was published by the National Catholic Reporter. Call me old-fashioned, but I’m no fan of the genetic fallacy. Cardinal Schönborn: Pope Francis has already changed church by Christa Pongratz-Lippitt | Feb. 7, 2014 … Francis spoke of his … Continue reading
1) Fr. Hunwicke, Modestinus informs, “has begun a series of posts on the Vatican II document Nostra Aetate and the so-called ‘Two Covenant Theory’: the first, for the Jews (which is still intact), and the second, for everyone else.” Fine … Continue reading
“2 Preach the word: be instant in season, out of season: reprove, entreat, rebuke in all patience and doctrine. 3 For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they … Continue reading
It’s called “The Para-Marriage Slippery Slope Straw Man Dossier” and is a “documentary dossier for evidence that endorsing one form of ‘non-traditional marriage’ logically and pragmatically leads to all other forms.” The idea is that proponents of monogamous heterosexual families … Continue reading
Brendan O’Neill, spiked.com: Self-selected gay spokespeople present this effort as the logical conclusion to their 60-odd years of campaigning for equality, overlooking the fact that a great many gay activists once saw marriage and the family as problems, and demanded … Continue reading
BeingCatholic.com: If love were the only criteria for a marriage, then we would allow almost every conceivable type of relationship to be recognised as a marriage. Also, the idea that the legal definition of marriage, meaning the social significance a … Continue reading