ARCHIVES: Lasciate ogne speranza…
- Follow FideCogitActio : "Omnis per gratiam" fidescogitactio @ gmail . com on WordPress.com
This just out…
Top Posts & Pages
- An "Eastern Papist" Florilegium
- Before I remember to forget again...
- Reading notes from Lawrence Wright's 2006 The Looming Tower...
- From the Res Ipsa Loquitur Files...
- The F1 F/X Files (my ongoing "discernment" of Pope Francis)
- The F1 F/X redux...
- The battle within… (part 1)
- Favorite Quotations & Resources (online)
PAST CODGITATIONS… lost in space but not time
Tag, you’re it!
- Catholic Church
- Catholic Ents
- Catholicism WOW!
- Catholic Social Teaching
- do a barrel roll
- grace and truth
- Haurietis aquas
- hermeneutic of ambiguity
- honey badger pope
- hope and change
- Invisible Catholic
- news of the weird
- not-so-solemn nonsense
- Our Francis of the Interviews
- papal midrash
- Pius XII
- Pope Francis
- Sacred Heart
- Second Vatican Conch Shell
- soft ultramontanism
- solemn nonsense
- The Catholic Thing
- The Francis Affect
- the Friends of Francis Effect
- The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
- the Incarnation
- the Mass
- the medium is the message
- the normalcy bias
- The Sacred Heart
- This is Denzinger
- This isn't Denzinger
- This is why we can't have nice things
- Thomas Aquinas
- truth is the best ecumenism
- ¡Hagan lío!
Halt! Who goes there?
Who are these people?
- 242,292 hits
Tag Archives: truth is the best ecumenism
“It is time that we throw political correctness in the garbage where it belongs.” via Ozzie Saffa – http://ozziesaffa.blogspot.ca/2014/06/i-bet-she-regrets-asking-her-question.html
— “We Christians should embrace with affection and respect Muslim immigrants to our countries in the same way that we hope and ask to be received and respected in countries of Islamic tradition. I ask and I humbly entreat those … Continue reading
The Fathers of the Second Council of Constantinople, that is. “As we said earlier, I repeat once more: If anyone preaches to you a gospel contrary to what you have received, let him be accursed. Since the Lord declares that the … Continue reading
“Some say that allowing priests to get married would keep them far away from sexual abuse.” MESSORI: Yes, the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops has discussed this matter at length. With the disconcerting data we have, it would not … Continue reading
I just saw the following quotation on another forum–it is solid gold! “4. In making this profession, we are aware of the disquiet which agitates certain modern quarters with regard to the faith. They do not escape the influence of a … Continue reading
The title refers to my earlier discussion of Cdl. Sean “Gang of Eight” O’Malley’s ecumaniacal display in a Methodist chapel (followed up in greater depth in this post). A few months later we were graced with a much saner display from … Continue reading