ARCHIVES: Lasciate ogne speranza…
- Follow FideCogitActio : "Omnis per gratiam" fidescogitactio @ gmail . com on WordPress.com
This just out…
Top Posts & Pages
- A fittingly cruciform reign...
- The peaceful majority is irrelevant...
- Trying to understand the Fourth Way to prove God's existence...
- "I was cured, all right..."
- Favorite Quotations & Resources (online)
- "You may not be interested in the dialectic..."
- A new Doctor of the Church, you say? Innnnteresting...
PAST CODGITATIONS… lost in space but not time
Tag, you’re it!
- Catholic Church
- Catholic Ents
- Catholicism WOW!
- Catholic Social Teaching
- do a barrel roll
- grace and truth
- Haurietis aquas
- hermeneutic of ambiguity
- honey badger pope
- hope and change
- Invisible Catholic
- news of the weird
- not-so-solemn nonsense
- Our Francis of the Interviews
- papal midrash
- Pius XII
- Pope Francis
- Sacred Heart
- Second Vatican Conch Shell
- soft ultramontanism
- solemn nonsense
- The Catholic Thing
- The Francis Affect
- the Friends of Francis Effect
- The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
- the Incarnation
- the Mass
- the medium is the message
- the normalcy bias
- The Sacred Heart
- This is Denzinger
- This isn't Denzinger
- This is why we can't have nice things
- Thomas Aquinas
- truth is the best ecumenism
- ¡Hagan lío!
Halt! Who goes there?
Who are these people?
- 240,773 hits
Author Archives: The Codgitator (a cadgertator)
“‘When a Catholic does not share a candidate’s stand in favor of abortion and/or euthanasia, but votes for that candidate for other reasons, it is considered remote material cooperation (with evil), which can be permitted in the presence of proportionate … Continue reading
“This “roccia” (rock) will never crumble, nor flake, given that its solidity is guaranteed in the text of Matthew until the end of time. The “rock” remains and no one will scratch it, implicated as she is in a divine … Continue reading
Are Protestant ministers commissioned (i.e., ordained and sent) by the Church? No. Are current Orthodox minsters commissioned (i.e., ordained and sent) by the Church? No. Do they, therefore, gather or scatter for the Lord? Scatter.
Here is the error of our Protestant friends. They recognize no distinction between reason and private judgement. Reason is common to all men; private judgement is the special act of an individual…. In all matters of this sort there is … Continue reading
“This I can promise you from the mercy of the divine Infant: he that shall confess his sins and be sorry for them, shall have born within him the Light of the world; the darkness that deceived him shall be … Continue reading
“True religion is the worship of the true God, not the cult of false gods, who are just so many devils.” — St. Augustine, City of God, Book IV, chapter 23 (London: Penguin Books, 1984 [tr. Henry Bettenson]), p. 163. … Continue reading