A friend of mine (an Evangelical to be exact), once told me a reason he thinks celibacy is a bad way of life for pastors: “They don’t know how to relate to their people, who, most them, are married.” I didn’t think of it at the time, but I’d answer now that it’s funny how Jesus, lacking a wife and all, was able to “connect” to his people so well.
ARCHIVES: Lasciate ogne speranza…
- Follow FideCogitActio : "Omnis per gratiam" fidescogitactio @ gmail . com on WordPress.com
This just out…
Top Posts & Pages
- Sex is love, but sterile sex is not sex.
- Moooovin' on up!
- Some of my favorite images from the past year or two, as a blogger, at least...
- A perpetually open mind is like a perpetually open mouth...
- An "Eastern Papist" Florilegium
- WARNING! The following post contains graphic and disturbing images! NSFW!
- "You may not be interested in the dialectic..."
PAST CODGITATIONS… lost in space but not time
Tag, you’re it!#YOPO Advent Americanism Aristotle atheism bloggorhea blogorrhea Catholic Church Catholic Ents Catholicism WOW! Catholic Social Teaching Christ Christianity Christmas culchure demographics devotion do a barrel roll economics exile God grace and truth Haurietis aquas hermeneutic of ambiguity history honey badger pope hope and change humor Invisible Catholic Jesus Keefe Kulturkrampf Lent liturgy logic marriage memoirs movies Neo-Jesuits Neo-Theodrome news of the weird not-so-solemn nonsense novena Our Francis of the Interviews papal midrash Philosophy Pius XII Pope Francis prayer quotations Sacred Heart Second Vatican Conch Shell Septuagesima soft ultramontanism solemn nonsense SSM The Catholic Thing The Francis Affect the Friends of Francis Effect The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass the Incarnation the Mass the medium is the message the normalcy bias theology The Sacred Heart This is Denzinger This isn't Denzinger This is why we can't have nice things Thomas Aquinas Tradition truthiness truth is the best ecumenism words ¡Hagan lío!
Halt! Who goes there?
Who are these people?
- 232,010 hits